As promised last week, this week, I’m posting the recipe for cheeseburger flatbreads. As always, KP Duty is about getting in the kitchen and cooking for yourself. It doesn’t have to be fancy. I don’t always promise healthy either. Friday is what we call our “junk food” day in our house. Some of the recipes will be from those cheat days. Some will be staple recipes I cook often. Cooking doesn’t have to be from a box to be easy.
flour tortillas (any size you have on hand is fine. I used the 10″ size)
cheddar cheese (or your favorite pre-shredded blend from the store)
vegetable oil (or other mild oil for frying)
1. Brown ground beef. Drain.
2. Shred lettuce.
3. Chop tomatoes.
4. Grate cheese.
5. Heat oil over medium high heat. Fry tortillas until slightly browned and crispy on both sides.
6. Drain tortilla on paper towels.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and meat.
8. Microwave for 10-15 seconds to melt cheese.
9. Top with lettuce and tomato.
10. Cut like a pizza and eat.
*Sometimes I add onion to the meat as I brown it, or top the flatbreads with green onion at the end. You can top with other ingredients as desired.