I saw this over on Cheryl’s blog, and I’m totally stealing it. I may have mentioned some of these before, but like the title says, it’s stuff you probably don’t need to know, not stuff you don’t know.
10. I am NOT a morning person. Facebook and Twitter are deceiving because I don’t have to actually talk and listen, and interact with people that early. The ! goes a long way in faking that morning enthusiasm.
9. I love chocolate. I’ve passed that love on to my kids. We love living near Hershey so we can go buy Hershey bars by the case (they’re cheaper that way too).
8. I don’t drink coffee. I sometimes like the smell of coffee, but in general, not a coffee fan. The smell of coffee and cigarettes together gives me PTSD because it reminds me of my mother and my childhood, and, and, and…
7. I love MY kids, but I can’t stand yours (most of the time). Why don’t I like other people’s kids? Because when they’re rude, disrespectful, a jerk on the playground, etc., my kids come home thinking they can act that way too. School is also bad for this. Every year after school starts again in the fall, it takes me a couple months to de-brat my oldest because he picked up bad habits from YOUR child.
6. I have trust issues. During a conversation with Kathleen who is going through the process to be a surrogate, I realized I’m not sure I’d trust my husband to poke me with a needle daily. Maybe that should be in marriage vows or something. Funny that I trust him with the kids, just not a needle and my ass.
5. Tornadoes freak me out. When I was 5, we had an F4 hit close to our house. I don’t think anyone from back home doesn’t know someone who wasn’t affected by that night if they weren’t directly affected themselves. I remember my grandpa had a friend whose family was tossed in their trailer. His wife and oldest daughter were in the hospital for months and months. I remember a time when they didn’t think his wife would wake up from her coma. I remember watching their new house being built, and going with my grandpa to visit them. It still affects me to this day.
4. I LOVE my depo shot. I know some of you out there think it’s evil, but I’m evil without it. It obviously corrects some sort of hormone imbalance the doctors refuse to acknowledge. It keeps me sane. It keeps my head form spinning and pea soup from spewing from my mouth.
3. I’m having a little harder time letting go of my youngest. I know he’s my last child. He’s my preemie. He’s my child that’s needed more help and been more sickly. My oldest always preferred my husband from day one. This little one has me wrapped around his finger.
2. Before TMJ reared its ugly head and I got my jaw realigned, I could fit my fist in my mouth. I can still get it mostly in there, just not all the way like before.
1. I’m frugal (read:cheap). I know just about every restaurant we like that has a kids’ night, what night it’s on, and what they offer. Some offer free dessert, and some offer free kid meals. We prefer the ones that offer the free meals. Example, last night, we took the kids to Chick Fil A. Our family of four ate for under $13. The kids got to play on a clean indoor playground, and they had a table set up with free toppings if your child got ice cream for dessert. We also found out if you turn in the kid meal toy, you get a free ice cream. Another reason we like Chick Fil A – military discount (on non kid nights).
*I also noticed Heather stole this idea too. It seems to be popular and catching on. See what this Calgary Blogger had to say.