OK, so this is sort of a collaboration between KP Duty and From the Class 6. I know a lot of chefs say to cook with beers and wines that you like to drink. This is one case where a beer that my husband doesn’t like to drink is great for baking. My husband likes beer and coffee. Troegs takes both and combines them in their Javahead stoudt beer. My husband isn’t a fan of this beer for drinking. He prefers his coffee and beer separate. The coffee taste in the Javahead does lend itself well to baking since coffee and chocolate go well together. This is where I got the idea to make cupcakes with the Javahead.
Troegs Javahead Cupcakes
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter
1 bottle Troegs Javahead beer
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Melt butter, and mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients.
5. Line or grease your muffin tin. Spoon in about 1/4 cup of the batter into each cup.
6. Bake for about 20-24 minutes depending on your particular pans and oven. Insert toothpick to check for doneness.
7. Let cupcakes cool and frost with frosting of your choice.*
*I used a cream cheese frosting this time. Butter cream, and peanut butter would also be good choices. Use your imagination.