This week’s Monday Mojo (yes I know it’s Wednesday, but you have all week to link up, remember?):
For this week, we would love for you to share a picture of your Christmas Tree (if you celebrate!) Also, let us know what your favourite holiday traditions are! I know I love to hear how other people celebrate. We can’t wait to hear what you do!
I finally decorated our Christmas tree the other night after much nagging from my 5yo. I put it off as long as I could because:
- I wasn’t in the mood.
- The boys can’t leave the $&%(% tree alone.
- The lights on two branches near the bottom of the tree just poofed the other day (see $%*@) tree).
It’s not perfect, but it’s decorated. Next year, I”m going back to our regular tree that I have to string the lights on myself. It fluffs better (real trees make me itch). The bald spots on this tree are really getting to me. I’m glad we didn’t pay any more for it than we did. We’ve gotten our money’s worth, and I think it’s done. (Excuse the crappy cell phone pic. My camera has turned into a princess and will only focus when it wants to. Check out some of our ornaments.
Other traditions that we have include:
- pizza on Christmas Eve
- leaving beer and cookies for Santa (who wants to put toys together sober?)
- Welsh cookies
- pancakes for breakfast Christmas morning, made by my husband (the best part)
- ravioli lasagna for Christmas dinner (I’m the only one who likes turkey, and no one like ham)
- something crafty for when the kids are bored with their Christmas gifts to help maintain our sanity over their break