This is my modified version of a supposedly copycat version of Chick Fil A’s chicken bites. I made a few modifications. I tried to make mine FODMAP friendly. This means no dairy or wheat. I also eliminated the peanut oil for my son’s allergy. (I’m well aware some people feel peanut oil is safe, but one protein gets through, and that’s it, it’s an allergic reaction, so our family avoids oil too.)
1 1/4 cup King Arthur Gluten Free multi-purpose flour
2 T. powdered sugar
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup pickle juice
1lb chicken breast
1. Whisk together the milk, egg, and pickle juice. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Marinade chicken in the wet ingredients while you heat the oil and mix dry ingredients.
2. In a medium skillet, deep fryer, dutch oven, whatever your frying pleasure, heat up some oil to a medium heat. I used olive oil in a large skillet on 6 on my electric stove. This means I had to turn my chicken after about 2-3 minutes on one side and cook it another 2 minutes or so on the other side.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Either put the dry ingredients and all of the chicken in a baggie and toss it all together, or coat in batches in the bowl of dry ingredients. I did the latter instead of taking the extra step to use the baggie.
5. Fry in the oil for about 5 minutes if deep frying; about 2-3 minutes on each side if shallow frying. Make sure all sides get cooked. Drain on paper towels.